Sun Peaks Winter Activities
At Sun Peaks Resort we have a variety of activities to make your winter as adventurous as you want; and always unforgettable. Our Hotel in the heart of the Sun Peaks Resort, allows our visitors to enjoy all the Resort has to offer. Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, dog sledding; whatever your favourite activity may be, Sun Peaks has it all. According to Conde Naste the beautiful champagne powder snow combined with plenty of sunshine and an endless list of things to do recently made Sun Peaks Resort “Best Ski Resort in Canada”
Some winter activities that might interest you:
- Skiing & Snowboarding in Sun Peaks. Sun Peaks Resort is Canada's second largest resort offering 4270 acres of terrain
- Terrain Park at Sun Peaks Resort is a giant 10 acre top to bottom park bursting with jumps, rails, boxes and fun urbran hits
- Snowmobile Tours in Sun Peaks Resort take you into Sun Peaks backcountry where guests ride on a variety of trails, frozen lakes and clear meadows
- Snowshoe Rentals and Tours is a great way to get out and see snow caves, birds and other wildlife
- Dog Sledding Tours are an exhilarating adventure at Sun Peaks Resort. The guides will take you out and you have the option to drive the sled
- Cross Country Skiing in Sun Peaks Resort is a nordic destination. There are over 34 km of groomed and track set trails. You can start right from your Sun Peaks Accommodation
- Ice Skating this coming winter will have a new home, steps away from the Cahilty Hotel & Suites. The new NHL size rink in Sun Peaks has skate and stick rentals.
- Kamloops Blazers hockey games are played throughout the winter season. Included is transportation to and from Sun Peaks to The Sandman Centre Arena to watch the WHL game
- Tube Park at Sun Peaks Resort is right outside the doors of the Cahilty Hotel & Suites
- Snow Bikes rentals and tours are available through the front desk of the Cahilty Hotel & Suites. This is a great way for non skiers to check out Sun Peaks Resort
- Snow Limo makes the on mountain snow gliding experience accessible to everyone.
- Cat Trax Groomer Rides is one of the favorite activities in Sun Peaks Resort. Groomer rides are 45 mintues, the drivers takes you in their Pisten Bully Groomer and you see first hand how they work their magic
- First Tracks Brfeakfast gets you on the mountain before any other Sun Peaks Accommodation guest. You load the Sunburst Chairlift at 8am. Get some skiing in before the public arrives and then have breakfast between 9am and 1030am
- Fondue Dinner and Evening Descent is a fun evening of music and fondue, followed by a ski down the 5 Mile. The starlit sky is the perfect backdrop for the ski down. Another Sun Peaks Resort favorite
- Bungee Trampoline is located slope side by the Village Day Lodge.
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides wind through the Sun Peaks Hotels in the village. Sit back under the covers and take in the sights and sounds of the village
- Photo Shoots by Alpine Images. They can get you an action shot or a family portrait with the perfect winter backdrop
Our backyard is your playground